As everyone knows by now, events like these do not happen without the help and support of local people.
If you would like to help out at any of our events, we are always on the lookout for like-minded, helpful, friendly people.
One thing we want to pride ourselves on is our aid stations. The people who run them and the support they provide to the runners are as important as the food and drink itself!
We have a variety of roles to choose from though.
To give you a flavour, here are a few of the tasks we need help with over the different events:
- Welcoming participants to the venue and getting them registered.
- Managing the bag drop process and distributing bags post-race.
- Directing participants to the Race HQ, greeting spectators and answering any queries.
- Branding the venue to ensure it looks perfect before the race starts.
- Managing Aid Stations on the course serving food, drink and encouragement.
- Marshalling crossing points and motivating participants as they pass.
- Driving our event vehicles and delivering food and supplies to Aid Stations.
- Congratulating our participants as they cross the finish line and presenting medals.
What do I get for my time, I hear you ask? Well, here goes:
- You will be fed and water throughout the duration of your shift. Unlimited tea and coffee!
- Meeting other amazing volunteers!
- Improving key skills, like teamwork, communication and problem-solving,
- Getting to feel great about helping other people on their journey.
- You will be provided with staff t-shirts and hi-vis to make sure you stand out, and everyone knows who you are. (these will be returned after your shift)
- You will get an Orion_Trail T-shirt instead, as a memento of your time volunteering.
- We will provide £10 event credit for every hour you work that can be used towards any of our events. These credits are transferable, so if you wish to volunteer to help gain a friend or family a free place, then that’s not a problem either. Event credits are valid for 24 months.
- We will attempt to keep shifts to 12 hours max.
If you like the sound of everything you have read here, then it would be great if you could provide us with your contact details. The form you need is just at the bottom of this page. We will then contact you to discuss what positions we have available.
Thank you for considering helping out, it means a lot.
Do I need previous event experience to volunteer?
The simple answer is no.
Although it can be useful, it’s not essential; we want to try and involve as many of you as we can and help you gain the experience and confidence to volunteer for many more years to come.
Is there a minimum age needed to volunteer?
We only accept volunteers that will be over 18 on the day of the events.
Can our group register to volunteer at the event?
Yes, absolutely! We encourage groups to get involved. If you are part of a sports club, community project, or running group, don’t register through the volunteer page, just send over an email to email@example.com with the name and numbers of the group, and we will be in touch to discuss it further.
How much time do I need to commit to volunteer?
That is up to you! We would love it if you could cover a 12-hour shift, but if not, just let us know your availability, and we will try our hardest to find you a role.
Can I select where I am based when volunteering?
We will ask you what role you would like, and we will try our hardest to fulfil that role for you. We do have to state that we cannot guarantee that you will get the role you want, but we will try our hardest to give it to you.
What support is offered to me as a volunteer?
You will be provided with all the details you need for the role you are assigned in a word document before the race. You will be given a full briefing on the day to explain everything you need to know. You are also welcome to ask any question before race day; just simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to get back to you.
When will I know if I’ve been successful with my application?
We will be in touch via email once we have reviewed your application and details. Then we will possibly give you a call to have a chat through Whatsapp or Google Meet.
What if I’ve got a question which isn’t listed above?
Simply send us an email at email@example.com we will do our best to answer as soon as we can.